Care of the DyNA Concours MicroTerry™ or Natural Microfibers
Always wash and dry the towel before it's first and subsequent use! During the manufacturing process the fabric has a tendency to become flat as it picks up contaminants from the air and machinery. There will also be a number of loose threads that, while they cause no harm, can be annoying the first time you use the towel.
* We suggest washing them after every use!
* The DyNA Concours MicroTerry™ is an exclusively soft, supple and absorbent 100% natural microfiber Terry Towel. It is easy to clean and with proper care will last a very long time.
* To clean the towel simply wash it in your washing machine using warm or hot water. If you use hot water the temperature should not exceed 150°F.
* Always wash your towels separately from other fabrics (even from synthetic microfibers). They have a tendency to pick up lint and other particles from other fabrics and the next time you use your towels this lint will transfer to the surface being cleaned, only making your job harder.
* ONLY USE LIQUID DETERGENTS, never use dry detergents as many times the granules do not fully dissolve and become trapped in the towel. This can cause scratching of the surface you are cleaning.
* NEVER USE BLEACH OR FABRIC SOFTENERS! You simply don't need them. Bleach will damage any fine fabric and fabric softeners deposit a chemical coating on the fabric that you really don't want to transfer to your car's finish or windows.
* Either air dry the towel on a clean line or in your clothes dryer using low heat. AVOID HIGH HEAT! High dryer temperatures won’t damage the towel but can reduce the towel's life span. Also, don't use those toss in fabric softener towels, all they do is deposit chemicals on the fabric that will transfer off to whatever you are cleaning or polishing with the towel.
* If you wash your towels on a regular basis and don't let them get too dirty they will last much longer. As with any fine fabric dirt particles, grease, and other contaminants can cause the fibers to break down so regular cleaning will go a long way in preserving your towels.
* The more the towel is cleaned the fluffier and softer it will get.
* As you use the DyNA Concours MicroTerry™ you will notice that sometimes a thread will loosen or pull out here or there. This is normal for terrycloth and you should NEVER PULL AT THE LOOSE THREAD! Pulling the thread can cause the weave to come undone or stitching to unravel. Instead, simply trim the thread with a pair of sharp scissors to about 1/4 of an inch from the surface, don't cut too closely. Think of it as giving your towel a haircut from time to time.